Let’s Get Moving: Celebrating National Fitness Day!
Hey there, fitness enthusiasts, it’s Coach Rob here! Are you ready to put on your trainers and celebrate National Fitness Day? Well, it’s time to get moving and learn all about this exciting day dedicated to staying active and healthy!
What is National Fitness Day?
National Fitness Day (20th September 2023) is a special day celebrated all around the world to encourage people of all ages to get up, get moving, and have fun with physical activities. Theme this year is ‘your health is for life’ and we’re focusing this year massively on wellbeing.
Why is National Fitness Day Important?
Staying active and healthy is super important for our bodies and our minds – it is something we at Ultimate Kids preach every single day. When we exercise and play, our bodies become stronger, and our minds become sharper. Plus, it’s a great way to make new friends and have a lot of fun!
How are we celebrating National Fitness Day?
Here at Ultimate Kids HQ, we will be celebrating national fitness day by starting our day off with the Daily Mile. A nice walk before work (or school) with your fellow colleagues (or friends) is a great way to start your day – get them positive endorphins flowing. Throughout the day in our school sessions, myself and the other coaches will be spreading the word about National Fitness Day and delivering some exciting sports activities to the children. Then finally, we are going to end the day with our favourite sports. Personally I will be going to my favourite Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class – and that is how I will end my National Fitness Day. Let me know how you will be celebrating this year.
How Can You Celebrate National Fitness Day?
There are so many things you can do to celebrate this day, here are a few I have thought of so far:
- Do your own Daily Mile: Just like us in the Ultimate Kids HQ, why not go on a walk before school – those who come along to our Ultimate Kids Camps will be familiar with this already as we do this every morning!
- Play Your Favourite Sport: Do you love football, basketball, or tennis? Gather your friends and family and have a friendly match. Remember, the most important thing is to have fun!
- Dance Party: Put on some upbeat music and dance like nobody’s watching. Dancing is a fantastic way to stay active and express yourself through movement.
- Nature Adventure: Go for a hike, bike ride, or a nice, long walk in the park. Enjoy the fresh air, and you might even spot some cool wildlife!
- Jump, Skip, and Hop: Grab a jump rope or some chalk for hopscotch and have a blast jumping and skipping your way to fitness.
- Family Fitness Challenge: Challenge your family to a fitness challenge. Who can do the most star jumps or push-ups in one minute? We have a bunch of challenges on our TikTok page if you want to check them out (@ultimatekidsltd).
- Yoga and Stretching: Try some yoga or stretching exercises. It’s a great way to relax and improve your flexibility and our wellness instructor Olivia has many video’s on her Instagram of Yoga movements you can to follow (olivia_j_yoga).
- Healthy Snacks: After all that fun, don’t forget to refuel with some delicious and healthy snacks like fruits, veggies, or a smoothie..and I’ve posted my favourite smoothie recipe on a previous blog if you want to go back and have a little read!
Let’s Stay Active All Year Round
While National Fitness Day is a fantastic opportunity to get moving, it’s important to remember that staying active should be a part of our daily lives. You can keep the spirit of National Fitness Day alive by being active every day. Whether it’s playing at the park, going for a bike ride, or just dancing in your room, find something you love and make it a habit to stay active.
Remember, being active isn’t just about having a strong body; it’s also about having a happy heart and a healthy mind. So, let’s celebrate National Fitness Day by getting out there, having fun, and keeping our bodies and minds in tip-top shape!
So, what are you waiting for? Put on your trainers, grab a friend, and let’s celebrate National Fitness Day by moving, playing, and having a whole lot of fun!
Happy National Fitness Day, everyone!
Coach Rob 🎉💪🤸♂️